What to Bring - Animal Feeding - Weather
Bring - Don't Bring
This is an outdoor event in a pasture. The following are things you SHOULD bring, or NOT bring:
- Bring appropriate footwear, as you will be in a pasture and may step in something.
- Bring bug repellant spray. You may need this as their may be mosquitoes.
- Bring folding chairs and a folding table. Blankets may not work as ants could be a problem, and you are in a pasture.
- You may want to Bring some picnic style food as well.
- Bring water, soda or any other nonalcoholic drink. We are here to share and grow, "enuf said".
- DO NOT BRING BARBEQUES, CANDLES or anything with FIRE as there is hay on the ground in many places and we do not want to chance a fire.
If you want to feed animals please be aware of the following:
- Let's stay safe. No Children are allowed to feed or play with any animals unless supervised and in accordance with the below.
- Ducks & Chickens - you may bring bread and feed the ducks and chickens as you wish. However, they may follow you all night for more.
- Horses - You may only feed horses under direct supervision of a Braile family member. Horses eat carrots and apples. Horses will overeat and can get sick form eating to much, therefore horse feeding will be limited and supervised.
- Tortoises - The large tortoises will eat carrots, bananas and watermelon out of your hand. They will not bite you unless they think your hand is food. Caution: Tortoises are slow but could bite off a finger if you mistakenly put it into their mouth.
- Inside critters: (Chinchillas, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, etc,) Please do not feed or stick your hands in cages. Tours will be given by members of the Braile family before the philosophy session.
This is an outdoor event,dress appropriately. Bad weather we can live with, but severe weather could cause a postponement. Check back to this website to see if the status changes. As it stands now, we are a GO!